For a medium sized Financial Services mutual organisation access to accurate information is absolutely key. Our Intranet redesign/transformation was inspired by colleagues needing better access to the most basic information in order to do their job. We summarised this as “how do I…?”. Trust in the Intranet was low, impacting colleagues and in turn customers.
We had to work with an extremely varied mind-set as well as legacy content and technology. Starting from scratch we needed to identify what to retain alongside where to introduce new – as well as rebuilding our capabilities in all areas . This presentation covers our approach, the challenges we faced and key successes.
This will cover:
- Ownership is key to Trust
- The see-saw of content creators and content consumers
- Governance and operating models – boring topic / essential starting point
- “Gaffer dazzlers” – picking the right ones can help with buy-in
- To tag or not to tag… (and how old habits die hard…)